RSO Fundamentals Live Online Webinar
This course is designed for those intending on becoming or are currently Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) at a facility utilizing portable nuclear gauges. The goal of this training is to ensure that the RSO is familiar with the responsibilities required. The first part of the course is a review of Radiation Safety Fundamentals. It includes basic terminology, basic definitions of radiation units, units and limits of radiation damage, and regulations governing the storage and transportation of radioactive material.
The licensing process is explained. Each section of the nuclear license application is broken down to understand acceptable responses and under what conditions alternative responses will be evaluated. Particular attention is focused on evaluating the public dose and ensuring that the limits are met and not exceeded. Especially important is the radiation safety program and particular focus is placed on this part of the training. In addition, the yearly audit and audit responsibilities are thoroughly discussed.
Duration: 3-5 hours
Course Topics Include:
- Radiation Safety Review
- Review 49 CFR 172 Subpart H
- Transportation and shipping regulations of radioactive sources
- Radiation Safety Officer Responsibilities
- Critical Aspects of The Nuclear Materials License
- Details of Radiation Safety Program
- Software Aids for the Radiation Safety Officer
- Emergency Response Situations